Help please! Upgraded to 4.2.2 and no applications will work

markfranklin1970

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 and was today notified that an update was ready. I installed this which was the upgrade to 4.2.2

However since then, none of my apps will work. There is a short pause before I get:

"Unfortunately Coin Dozer has stopped"
"Unfortunately Lookout has stopped"
"Unfortunately Tiny Castle has stopped"
"Unfortunately Candy Crush Saga has stopped"

etc.

I tried a reboot a couple of times but that didn't help. Checked to see if Upgrades were available for all affected apps but there are none.

This is a nightmare! Would anyone be kind enough to help me?

Thanks so much in anticipation,

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 and was today notified that an update was ready. I installed this which was the upgrade to 4.2.2

However since then, none of my apps will work. There is a short pause before I get:

"Unfortunately Coin Dozer has stopped"
"Unfortunately Lookout has stopped"
"Unfortunately Tiny Castle has stopped"
"Unfortunately Candy Crush Saga has stopped"

etc.

I tried a reboot a couple of times but that didn't help. Checked to see if Upgrades were available for all affected apps but there are none.

This is a nightmare! Would anyone be kind enough to help me?

Thanks so much in anticipation,

Welcome to the forums. You can try to wipe cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

markfranklin1970

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have managed to clear the cache but sadly to no avail. I continue to get the "xxx has stopped" messages whichever application I try to open.

Looking for Android support it seems that I need to refer to Samsung or the retailer. Does anyone have a suggestion of the best course of action?

Thanks again,

markfranklin1970

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have experimented by uninstalling and re-installing one of the apps. This works, in that when reinstalled it will work correctly.

The trouble is, with many existing apps, especially games, there is a lot of data that I do not wish to lose.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have experimented by uninstalling and re-installing one of the apps. This works, in that when reinstalled it will work correctly.

The trouble is, with many existing apps, especially games, there is a lot of data that I do not wish to lose.

Download helium and back up the apps.

From a Sprint Moto X

Paramedic_nz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi I too just had the 4.2.2 upgrade run on my Galaxy Note 8 - Firefox, arcos video both keep crashing. Multi Window disappeared.
Have been able to get multi window working (read other thread)
Have had to re-install apps that have crashed - they seem to crash after installing individual application updates from PlayStore, maybe issues with application updates installing after upgrade to 4.2.2 ???

Seems like a lack of proper testing ????

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox