One gripe.....Just one.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I hate the way the iphone looks with each page being cluttered up with apps.

I really enjoyed the Samsuck phones and the ability to have a blank home screen to enjoy your wallpaper.

I hate how Stock android doesn't let you insert a blank page now. I also hate how I can't remove the google bar from the top of the page.

I tried a few launchers, but the stock launcher has the icons floating free, Go Launcher has each icon (bottom bar) sitting on a plate.

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

I really enjoyed the Samsuck phones and the ability to have a blank home screen to enjoy your wallpaper.

I hate how Stock android doesn't let you insert a blank page now. I also hate how I can't remove the google bar from the top of the page.

I tried a few launchers, but the stock launcher has the icons floating free, Go Launcher has each icon (bottom bar) sitting on a plate.

Does the 4.4 launcher let you edit an icon (hold down and select an icon)? If you can, maybe try adding an icon to a page, and then editing it with a blank.png?

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I hate how Stock android doesn't let you insert a blank page now.
Sure it does. If you have no icons or widgets on the primary home screen whatsoever, you see just the wallpaper. Okay, I know that's what you're looking for, but I just felt like being a smarty-pants. :)

Posted via Android Central App

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sure it does. If you have no icons or widgets on the primary home screen whatsoever, you see just the wallpaper. Okay, I know that's what you're looking for, but I just felt like being a smarty-pants. :)

Nope. In 4.4, if you remove all the icons, the page disappears

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Nope. In 4.4, if you remove all the icons, the page disappears

Really? So what are you left with if you have no icons whatsoever, even in the first home screen? I'm not talking about additional pages, but the last one left after all the other home screens disappear.

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

My gripe? Fanboys that come on ANDROID CENTRAL and run there mouth about android products (as I blend an apple, cause crapplesauce is good for two things, young kids and old people). Every newer ssung phone I have toyed with will let you remove app shortcuts and widgets from any individual page. Or, you can stick with crapple and have 18 million shortcuts in 700 folders on 8 pages (mathematician I am not).

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
In 4.4, when you remove the icons, the page just disappears.

- - - Updated - - -

My gripe? Fanboys that come on ANDROID CENTRAL and run there mouth about android products (as I blend an apple, cause crapplesauce is good for two things, young kids and old people). Every newer ssung phone I have toyed with will let you remove app shortcuts and widgets from any individual page. Or, you can stick with crapple and have 18 million shortcuts in 700 folders on 8 pages (mathematician I am not).

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

What are you going on about?

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
no need for this nor more

Anyways on topic, i agree, im not a fan of the "no icon no page" myself but im getting used to it

Last edited:

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

Seriously? Read the post that you quoted. Or am I just feeding a troll??

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? Read the post that you quoted. Or am I just feeding a troll??

LOL!! I have no idea what he is trying to say. Is he saying I am an Androuid fanboy, or is he saying I am an iZombie? Then his weird line about crapple sauce? He then speaks about samsung phones (I think), and then finishes it talking about crapple and a lot of shortcuts and pages.

I have no idea what his point is, or what he is trying to say.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Download uccw from the play store and make a transparent widget. Works perfectly. All I did was add a clock and changed the background and clock alpha to 0%, which makes it transparent. Save it and add a uccw widget to a new screen and select the widget you made. I just named mine transparent.

Edit: in fact, you don't even have to add anything to the widget. Just hit edit objects and select background and change its alpha.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Wait so it has basically Spotlight circa iOS 6 and deletes pages with no icons like... iOS?

Does it force the default home page to be the second page as well?

These are serious questions.

I wonder how OEM will customize that launcher...

Edit: I just looked on YouTube. Are you sure there is no setting to remove the persistent search bar. It's at the top of the screen so basically useless as most devices are too big to reach that for a ton of people anyways, and the device has voice activated search.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Wait so it has basically Spotlight circa iOS 6 and deletes pages with no icons like... iOS?

Does it force the default home page to be the second page as well?

These are serious questions.

I wonder how OEM will customize that launcher...

Edit: I just looked on YouTube. Are you sure there is no setting to remove the persistent search bar. It's at the top of the screen so basically useless as most devices are too big to reach that for a ton of people anyways, and the device has voice activated search.

The homepage is forced as the very first page to the left. Kind of annoying. I like having my home page the center page. Also looks best for wallpapers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The homepage is forced as the very first page to the left. Kind of annoying. I like having my home page the center page. Also looks best for wallpapers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Same I set it to the center and sort of have a method for how I organize things. I don't tend to use folders. They aren't well implemented with the way you can pop a keyboard up if you mistap the title on most launchers (should be a long press to edit title).

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you mentally challenged? you come right into the middle of a decent discussion and type out some diatribe about nothing, you make no sense whatsoever, its like reading the text from a babbling 5 year old, ...... again...... put the crack pipe down son, not only does it make you look very stupid.... but it will ruin your teeth to :)

Oh and to the fact that "My mother should have swallowed"..... Yours should have carried pepper spray

Deleted.

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

Last edited:

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Guys this is plain Jane vanilla android. You aren't gonna get any of the features that the other guys add. If you really want more, root and unlock your bootloader. It'll pretty much allow you to do anything that you are saying. And with a nexus, it's not hard.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Guys this is plain Jane vanilla android. You aren't gonna get any of the features that the other guys add. If you really want more, root and unlock your bootloader. It'll pretty much allow you to do anything that you are saying. And with a nexus, it's not hard.

You`re absolutely right +1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12