Strange black hole of a rollout

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching Android for a while and this is indeed unusual. First, the Nexus and KitKat drop after months of hype with no real announcement. Now, here we are a week later with no indication of when current Nexus devices will get this OS. I'm not impatient or suspicious , it just makes me go "hmmm? "

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think this is because of more people paying attention to it. With even the release of the Nexus 4, it was still more the geek phone. Now everyone is interested. All of them may not buy, but the phone has more people voicing an opinion to at least look at it.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been watching Android for a while and this is indeed unusual. First, the Nexus and KitKat drop after months of hype with no real announcement. Now, here we are a week later with no indication of when current Nexus devices will get this OS. I'm not impatient or suspicious , it just makes me go "hmmm? "
Google gave an indication with the release of the Nexus 5 as to when KitKat will come to Nexuses 4, 7 and 10 - "in the coming weeks."

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Is it weird now?

It is a bit. One could argue that the Verizon Moto X got kitkat first as maybe a peace offering for not having the Nexus 5 available for Verizon. But it still would have made sense just to update all Nexi first. I wonder if this was just a simple mistake.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
It is a bit. One could argue that the Verizon Moto X got kitkat first as maybe a peace offering for not having the Nexus 5 available for Verizon. But it still would have made sense just to update all Nexi first. I wonder if this was just a simple mistake.

Its because they were fixing bugs on 4.4, as soon as they rolled out the bug fixes for the nexus devices that did get kitkat, 4.4 rolled out for the nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Its because they were fixing bugs on 4.4, as soon as they rolled out the bug fixes for the nexus devices that did get kitkat, 4.4 rolled out for the nexus 4.

Do you mean as a ROM? I thought the OP meant OTA rollout. :confused:

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean as a ROM? I thought the OP meant OTA rollout. :confused:

They were fixing bugs on 4.4 which is why some nexus devices never got the ota. Once they fixed the bugs, they rolled out the bugs fixes ota and the improved 4.4 ota for nexus 4. The bug fixes is why the moto x got 4.4 first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool