Anyway to recenter the home button so that I can have a few cards to the left?

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if there is anyway to re-center the home button so that I can have a few screens to the left instead of swiping to the left and leading to google now? I don't mind google now being one of the cards, but I'd rather have the ability to have cards on both the left and right side, and having goole now be the last screen on the left.

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I don't mind having google now as one of the screens, but is there a way to have a few screens that you can go to the right and left. I want to have the home screen then 2-3 screens on the left and right. I can always press and hold the center button for google now.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Unless you want to install another launcher from the play store, there isn't a way to do that on the stock launcher, unfortunately.

Posted via Android Central App

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they give you an option with future updates. There really is no purpose to have google now be a screen when you can press and hold the center button, waste of space in my opinion

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
While I do agree with that, its not very intrusive. It seems like Google wants Now to be a little more prominent and more up front so more people use it. But things like this is why there are alternative launchers.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The stock launcher have always lacked customizations. The launcher in kitkat is a good step forward - hopefully there's further improvements and/or the opening up of a Google Now api for developers to use in their launchers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC