So last night I was texting, and the ringtone sound was still there, but when i went to watch a video, it played no sound, i unmuted everything, turned volume all way up, and nothing, NO sound. So i went to the music app and played a song, again, no sound. I restarted my phone and then tried again, SOUND WORKED! I thought i fixed it, until this mornign the same thing happened and sound won't work for videos/music, but ringtones do? Confusing, please help
    11-13-2013 11:24 AM
    Which version of android are you running and which phone? Have you made any changes recently?

Sounds like you are having a similar issue as to what marcalot is having in another thread, but he just upgraded to 4.3. Since I don't know anything else, I'd recommend making sure your bluetooth is off when you try it. There is a chance that you are in range of your headset/speakers/car and so the audio is "playing" on them. Not sure why it worked after reboot unless your bluetooth hadn't connected yet.
    11-13-2013 01:19 PM
    I do use bluetooth in my car, but the car has to be on for that, and bluetooth was off at the moment, 4.3 and GALAXY S4, for verizon, just ran into this problem yesterday, updated to 4.3 when it was released, and i just keep finding more glitches everyday... its very annoying. POOR update
    11-13-2013 01:48 PM
    Thank you for the help! I have the s4 with 4.3 and once I turned off the bluetooth I had sound on my media again.
    11-27-2013 07:44 PM