Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't find contacts when i create a text message

kristikrum

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Since I updated my phone yesterday...When I go to create a text message and enter the recipient it is not finding anyone. There is a few names/e-mails that pop up but not the ones im looking for. My address book is still the same and it is people I regularly message. Help please, really frustrating

Last edited by a moderator:

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s4 doesn't find contacts when i create a text message

Hi and Welcome are you sure you have Android 4.4 on your GS4??

Since I updated my phone yesterday...When I go to create a text message and enter the recipient it is not finding anyone. There is a few names/e-mails that pop up but not the ones im looking for. My address book is still the same and it is people I regularly message. Help please, really frustrating

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Not sure I have an answer other than many are reporting issues with the recent update.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Look through the threads and you will see that this update seems to be breaking a lot of things in the S4.

kristikrum

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I guess it is just 4.3 update, I just assumed it was kitkat. I will look through other forums, thanks

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums! 😆

I already updated to 4.3 but haven't seen this problem. My carrier is Sprint.
Last I heard it was people on Verizon the ones with the worst problems.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

engekev

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I have had the same problem since my s4 recently did an update. I have Verizon as a carrier. Has anyone found a solution for the s4 not finding contacts when you create a text message.

Lisa Turner

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I was having the same issue. Powered down, restarted and the problem is gone.

allysonven

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I just updated my s4 last night. I'm on sprint and am experiencing the same issue. I go to my contacts and they are all in tact. When I go into the text icon, I only have like 30% of my contacts available to text. I can text the missing folks by using the text button from within the contacts area but not in the text app. This is a real problem when I try to text a picture. Powering of did not solve the issue.

DennisMu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

I have exactly the same problem since the update to 4.3. Can't find a way to solve it. This is what happens: open screen for new text message, click in the receivers line, start typing. A lot comes up but most contacts with mobile numbers are missing. A lot of other useless records come up (e-mail addresses, LinkedIn, etc.).

Rolandrice

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

1. Touch Apps.
2. Scroll to and touch Settings.
3. Touch More.
4. Scroll to and touch About device.
5. Touch Status.
6. Scroll down to view your phone number.

elizabath

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Some Network provider does not set it up, that is why some phone does not recognize the SIM card numbers.But we will also try to research more about it and when we find a solution we will post and add it to this article. :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I have exactly the same problem since the update to 4.3. Can't find a way to solve it. This is what happens: open screen for new text message, click in the receivers line, start typing. A lot comes up but most contacts with mobile numbers are missing. A lot of other useless records come up (e-mail addresses, LinkedIn, etc.).

I've checked and I don't have this problem.
*Knocks on wood*

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Craig H Frank

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I started having this same issue as well but I'm still running Android 4.2.2. Any ideas, Samsung?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

How do you have them saved on your phone? Are they on your SIM card or on the device? If so, try importing them to your google contacts.

curst91

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Restarting my phone worked too! I was getting soooo frustrated with this issue but now it's gone :) Another problem I noticed is that if you use swipe and try to backspace at all, it will eliminate the entire word. For example, if you were trying to swipe the word "hey" but accidentally came up with "her," if you wanted to just backspace and type the letter "y" to replace the "r," it will delete the entire word and you have to start over. Some people might like this, but I find it especially annoying if you are typing a word that doesn't necessarily exist but need to use half of an existing word. Like say I wrote "damn" but wanted to make the new word "dammit," the new update will delete the whole word instead of letting me take out the "n" and add "mit." Kind of small, but for someone like me who is quick on swiping, it's a pain to start over and over again. I wish it were optional, if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown