Start up: How to know what to disable?

MTHall720

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
My phone is getting slower but I don't know what I can set to not run in the background and to not run at start up. Any ideas?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Just leave the system apps alone and disable any apps you personally installed, except for the one you must have running in the background.

If there are some system install apps you don't need, disable it in Settings -> Apps.

beekie

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling window animation settings in developer options (total of 3 settings). By default it's set to 1x, after disabling it apps wil pop-up almost immediately

Posted via Android Central App

MTHall720

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling window animation settings in developer options (total of 3 settings). By default it's set to 1x, after disabling it apps wil pop-up almost immediately

Posted via Android Central App

Does the phone need to be routed to access this?

beekie

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No. Don't have te be rooted. Go to settings, go to 'more' and then tick 'about phone'. Scroll to 'build number' and tick it 7 times. (It's not a joke)
When you ticked it 7 times you see a toast notification that says 'developer options enabled'. Go back to 'more' and you'll see an extra option called developer options. Tick and enable it by ticking the button in te top right of your screen. Once you enabled it, scroll down untill you see three options (windows animation scale, animation scale transition and transition duration) and all of them are set to 1x. Change them to off

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk