Same three 'Download Complete' notifications keep displaying after 4.4 update.

jersild83

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I was prompted to update to Kit Kat on my Samsung Galaxy S3 this morning. The updated downloaded & installed without any issues - but now the same 3 notifications are constantly displayed on my phone. If I clear, they come back. Same for when I re-boot my phone:

01-Take-A-Chance.mp3
Download complete

ioOX40xgzyOil.gif
Download complete

0zHzHEe.gif
Download complete

Anybody have any ideas? It has only happened since this update and it's getting very irritating having these display permanently and come back seconds after I clear each time.

Thanks!

Jersild

jersild83

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Updated to Kit Kat this morning - Same 3 'Download Complete' Notifcations Keep Displaying

Also, just a note - I am not sure what the downloads these notification are for actually are. I assumed they are from the update? They aren't files I manually downloaded myself.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Updated to Kit Kat this morning - Same 3 'Download Complete' Notifcations Keep Displaying

Looks like a music file and 2 image files. What happens when you tap the mp3 file instead of dismissing it?

jersild83

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the response. When I clicked the files, I got an error saying the files were unsupported formats. I finally realized the files were files I downloaded roughly 6 months ago, but for some strange reason kept showing up as new notifications. Deleting the files for some reason did not fix the problem (they had already been deleted). The 'Download complete' notifications popped back up seconds after clearing them each time - and would show up on startup after each reboot.

After digging around online, it appears to be a fairly common problem among users who recently updated Samsung Galaxy S3 phones to Kit Kat. You have to clear Download Manager cache for the notifications to stop appearing.

Paul

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

You have to clear Download Manager cache

I had to do that on my Nexus 5 as well to clear out a "ghost image" that kept showing in my download folder but didn't really exist.

Nick Reynolds

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Settings > apps > All. Scroll down to Download Manager and clear cache.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Thank you so much. I've had this issue as well and you answer was very helpful.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Thank you so much. I've had this issue as well and you answer was very helpful.
Welcome to Android Central! Glad to be of some help - if you have further questions don't hesitate asking.

Richard Parker29

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have the same issue with some items I downloaded a while back but clearing the cache does not fix it. I can find the item on the phone either I guess it is using up my roaming allowance as well. All help appreciated

Morganier

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem. Pressing on the repepetingly downloaded file gave me the screen of the downloadmanager. Clearing data and cache solved the problem. No dataloss, everything worked fine afterwards

totalnewb

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the direction on this! Been bugging me for DAYS!!
I found it in Downloads in the App menu...cleared the cache and no more notifications.
Thanks again:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton