Help! Factory reset, Lost everything, D2-912

ittiandro

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have accidentally factory reset my fully loaded D2-912 device without doing a back up. I lost all my apps and the pad is now as as good as dead. How do I get everything back?
I tried to reinstall some of the main apps apk files from My Computer, but it doesn't work. Detailed instructions? Drivers ? Software?
The store (Amazon) is online and they cannot help.
Urgent, please.

Thanks

Franco

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about your problems. You should be able to reinstall all of your apps relatively easily. If you installed them via Google Play, open the Play Store app, go to the menu, and select My Apps. Then tap the "All" tab and all apps that you ever installed on any of your Android devices should show up. You can then select the ones you want to reinstall from there.

If you installed your apps from the Amazon Appstore, first reinstall the Appstore by using the tablet's browser and going to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp. Download the apk file for the Appstore and install it. (Make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked on under Settings/Security.) Now open the Appstore, go to the menu, select My Apps, then tap the Cloud tab. You should see all apps that you ever purchased or installed from Amazon, and you can reinstall them from there.

When you factory reset a device, all of the preinstalled apps will still be there (although they will have reverted to their original version--you can update them through Google Play). Your homescreens will probably be blank, but that doesn't mean the apps are gone. Bring up the App Drawer (the icon with the multiple dots), and you will see all of the apps currently installed. Then press and hold one of them and drag to a homescreen to create a shortcut.

You may have lost a decent amount of data from the factory reset, though. If you were syncing with Google, a lot of it should be backed up to the Google servers, and will be reloaded once you sync the device. But any photos you might have taken will be gone, unless you backed them up beforehand.

ittiandro

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the encouragement! I am not so worried about data and files, because I have only books inside it and ( for reasons I can't understand ), the books are fortunately still there. They are all listed under the D2-912 drive in My Computer along with the contents of the internal storage of the D2-912, I thought they were gone too, with the reset. Luckily they are still there!
. Unfortunately most of my apps d/loads were not done through Google Play, but through 1 Mobile Market and sometimes I had d/loaded the apk files from other sources. I still have these apk files, but I am unable to install them. How can I do it ?.. Also, the Google Play Store App is not there. How can I d/load it? If I go to the PC Google Play Store and I look at MY APPs, they are all there, allright, but when I try to install them, it says " Already installed"!
Itr is good that you allay my fears saying that I didn't really lose all my apps for good , but then what does the factory reset do, if everything is still around? I thought what happened was something like formatting my HD in my PC.. This was the scenario I was envisaging, but I am glad I was wrong!

Thanks you for your help and your ongoing suggestions, I am a real ROOKIE in the Android world!

Franco

I

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To install apk files, you need to make sure you have the "Unknown Sources" box checked on in the Settings/Security menu.

To install the latest version of the Google Play Store, go to this link using your tablet's browser, download the apk, then go to your Downloads shortcut and tap that apk to install.

ittiandro

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
To install apk files, you need to make sure you have the "Unknown Sources" box checked on in the Settings/Security menu.

To install the latest version of the Google Play Store, go to this link using your tablet's browser, download the apk, then go to your Downloads shortcut and tap that apk to install.

THe unknown sources box IS checked, but I am still unable to install the app from the apk file. I click on it. All it says is to ask to which program this apk file is connected, othgerwise it does not open it. . Any clues?Thanks
Franco

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie