Google is aware of problems...

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The gmail app is gone since the latest update and wont let me redownload.

Sorry I meant the gmail calender app. My mistake.

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
What if you try to access it from My Apps (tap the area on the upper left top of the play store home page to see your account)?

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope this works

As a last resort I can do a factory restore but then I lose game saves. I can live without the calender but I havent gotten the update yet on my Razr Maxx HD or Nexus 7. I would be screwed if I lost it on the phone.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1386862769281.jpg
    1386862769281.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 44

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope this works

As a last resort I can do a factory restore but then I lose game saves. I can live without the calender but I havent gotten the update yet on my Razr Maxx HD or Nexus 7. I would be screwed if I lost it on the phone.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

I thought you said the problem was with the gmail app. What is missing, the calendar or gmail app?

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about the actual problems, but that ibtimes article is atrocious, and full of errors. Google didn't release KitKat in December; that happened in November. And the article says both 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 are rolling out, when 4.4.1 was actually replaced by 4.4.2, and the former is no longer rolling out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow I am sorry guys. Its the calender app not the gmail app. My original post was way wrong. Very sorry about that.

It looks like the play store app is broken so is it possible for you to sideload it after downloading it to your computer? I'm not sure if that will work but you need the play store app in order to get the calendar, etc. And don't worry about confusion, it happens to all of us (maybe) very often. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about the actual problems, but that ibtimes article is atrocious, and full of errors. Google didn't release KitKat in December; that happened in November. And the article says both 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 are rolling out, when 4.4.1 was actually replaced by 4.4.2, and the former is no longer rolling out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, I noticed that. I thought the article had just been written in a rush and the mistakes were mostly typos/ brain toots.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The gmail app is gone since the latest update and wont let me redownload.

Sorry I meant the gmail calender app. My mistake.

Are you sure it is really gone and not just missing the icon? Look in settings/apps/all and see if it is listed.