Documents keep downloading that aren't on device

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I upgraded by Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 (ATT network) and now I keep getting the same 10 documents listed under Notifications as "Download Compete". I click clear and the notification keeps coming back (about an hour later). When I try to open the document I get a message saying the documents aren't on the device. Which makes sense because these are items I downloaded a year or so ago.

Anyone else have this experience? Any thoughts on how to stop it besides going back to the old version?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I upgraded by Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 (ATT network) and now I keep getting the same 10 documents listed under Notifications as "Download Compete". I click clear and the notification keeps coming back (about an hour later). When I try to open the document I get a message saying the documents aren't on the device. Which makes sense because these are items I downloaded a year or so ago.

Anyone else have this experience? Any thoughts on how to stop it besides going back to the old version?

Clear the data and cache in the download manager app.

Zorba-gm

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem, the only difference is that, the download notifications are for existing files that I downloaded about 6 months ago, counts up to 60 files and they keep coming back, I cleared them from the drop down menu, I opened them all, I blocked the notifications.... still they are back... I don't want to delete those files, I need them...
I don't know what to do. My wife is having the same problem, we both have the Galaxy S3 on sprint...
Please help, thanks

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Some MOD needs to pin one of the thousand threads on this and start deleting the redundant posts/thread. Now even tech blog comment sections are getting littered with people asking about this .

Clear data on the download manager, it doesn't delete any files. It just deletes the data for that app so it is empty and doesn't think anything has just been downloaded.

In the future, for major updates (i.e. if this phone by chance gets 4.4) consider doing a factory reset immediately after the update so that you can avoid any potential issues the update brings (the 4.3 update did things like change mount points etc. which can cause issues with some apps/services). With an SD Card slot you can have all of your data there so you don't lose anything. It saves a ton of headaches and the phone runs better (TRIM should help maintain a better performance over time).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta