ads on home screen

Magic Hat

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
GS4 running 4.2.2

I have been getting pop ups on my phone for about a week, since 'buzz launcher' was installed (she was cute, and I was drinking, smh....). I have uninstalled this app, but the pop ups remain unchanged.
There are 2 types of 'pop ups'. One is a punk and black box in the center of my screen, telling me my battery is low of phone is slow or whatever. (I grabbed a screen shot, working on uploading). The other flashes my browser up for a second, then the play store opens to an app for me to download. The app varies, but it's usually some dating or messaging service.
I have tried using 'Ad Network Detector' And 'AirPush detector', but neither work as this is not creating a notification.

Any thoughts as to what is doing this? Any other security type apps I could use to track it down?

Matt_Zenick

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
GS4 running 4.2.2

I have been getting pop ups on my phone for about a week, since 'buzz launcher' was installed (she was cute, and I was drinking, smh....). I have uninstalled this app, but the pop ups remain unchanged.
There are 2 types of 'pop ups'. One is a punk and black box in the center of my screen, telling me my battery is low of phone is slow or whatever. (I grabbed a screen shot, working on uploading). The other flashes my browser up for a second, then the play store opens to an app for me to download. The app varies, but it's usually some dating or messaging service.
I have tried using 'Ad Network Detector' And 'AirPush detector', but neither work as this is not creating a notification.

Any thoughts as to what is doing this? Any other security type apps I could use to track it down?

if you are rooted download Download AdBlock Plus for free from the Google Play Store it works great