Extremely low memory no matter what I do! HTC DHD

Mamainak

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello 'droids!

I have 2-years-old HTC Desire HD. I have 16GB SD card, and everything I can, including all music, videos and photos, is saved there. I also moved all the apps that I could to the SD card.

Now, I have Super Tool Box installed and delete cache and history regularly. I also have DiskUsage where I try and delete the remaining files and data from the apps.

I clear the Data from the apps regularly (Settings --> Applications). Recently I can't even download updates from the Play store because it tells me "Insufficient storage available". The number of apps I have is quite small, really basic and practical apps.

I really don't know what else to do? Any suggestions?

Thank you for any suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide to see if any of the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

According to the web, your phone has only 1.5 GB of available internal storage--this is primarily where you can install apps. With Gingerbread, you can still move apps to SD, but remember that you're only moving a portion of the app to the SD--you can never move the whole app (unless you're rooted, perhaps). I wonder if the growing size of Google Play Services might be crowding things out--Play Services updates are pushed out without the user being able to stop them, and those updates are likely important for devices to keep interfacing with Google Play correctly.

Hope you find a solution!

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
You use DiskUsage, so DiskUsage should show you exactly for each app how much storage space of your 1.5GB app storage is be used. You might choose a big app for uninstalling.

I've an old DHD in use too but never had a app storage problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke