WiFi Tether on Verizon with Unlimited Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Do I need to root to be able to do this without paying the $30? I used switchpro widget on my GNex and it didn't need root. But on my Moto X, it won't do it without having me pay $30. I think KitKat may be different than Jelly Bean.

Are there other apps to use for this?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I understand your desire to tether, but please discuss that offline.

AC TOS: "Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums."

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I understand your desire to tether, but please discuss that offline.

AC TOS: "Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums."
They have always allowed us to discuss this on these forums. There are tons of posts on this topic in the GNex forum. Are you a mod?

Also, just so you know, it is not stealing. Verizon has no right to limit your use of your data as per the terms of their block C licenses. They have been fined by the FCC before for doing this. However, I am not going to file a complaint against my own carrier. Rather, I will LEGALLY circumvent their controls which are in VIOLATION OF THEIR BLOCK C LICENSES.

Please do your homework on the terms of Verizon's block C licenses.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@All

Yes these topics have been discussed here before. At Android Central & Mobile Nations we don't condone or support the option or methods to obtain FREE wireless tethering on carriers/networks that have rules or regulations against it.

You may discuss but please use good judgement about your discussion and please don't be providing information that you know maybe riding the " edge " of right and wrong.

Please note if any of the moderation staff feels something discussed here is crossing the line we may close this thread at any time without notice.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
At Android Central & Mobile Nations we don't condone or support the option or methods to obtain FREE wireless tethering on carriers/networks that have rules or regulations against it.
they can create any rules or regulations they want but that doesn't mean that they are in compliance with their FCC licenses. Verizon's rules and regulations have been in violation of the terms of their block C licenses before and they have been fined before. The FCC has never said that it was OK for Verizon to charge the unlimited data uses to use their phones as a mobile hotspot.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
they can create any rules or regulations they want but that doesn't mean that they are in compliance with their FCC licenses. Verizon's rules and regulations have been in violation of the terms of their block C licenses before and they have been fined before. The FCC has never said that it was OK for Verizon to charge the unlimited data uses to use their phones as a mobile hotspot.

You can debate this all you want but not with me, I'm here to watch so our forum guidelines and rules are covered.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Sent from my awesome HTC One

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You can debate this all you want but not with me, I'm here to watch so our forum guidelines and rules are covered.
There's nothing to debate. The facts are what the facts are. Anyone can google verizon fcc consent decree and read it. It is the very first hit after you google that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This sounds like something you need to take up personally with Verizon and not here. Most people are clear on this matter, regardless of Verizon being in the right or wrong its how they decide to operate. Not the first time Verizon has come under fire for how they run and market their service and I'm sure it won't be the last either.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.