NEED HELP! ?Unfortunately, com.android.preference.help has stopped" KEEPS POPPING UP!

AngelaLu

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
This error message keeps popping up every 15 minutes saying ?Unfortunately, com.android.preference.help has stopped." And I click OK and it pops up again and again and AGAIN. I've restarted my phone to see if it helps but it doesn't. Its starting to become VERY annoying. Please help. New galaxy note 3, not rooted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you Disabled any system apps? If so, one of them might be needed for whatever process is failing.

If you haven't disabled any apps, then try going toyour App Manager or Settings>Apps​, tapping the Menu button, and selecting "Reset all app preferences."

AngelaLu

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi! :) I've hit the reset all app preferences and its still popping up. However, I did notice that it pops up a lot more when I'm updating my play store apps. I was doing an ?update all" on all my apps that needed updating in my play store and it popped up for every app that was being updated. It was impossible to do anything on my phone because of the pop up message so I hit ?stop" to stop the updating and the pop up messaged stopped. Sooooo.... what the heck is wrong with my phone?? :(

Oh, does it have anything to do with the ?lookout app" on my phone? Because that's what is in my notification bar while updating my apps. Idk if that has anything to do with my error msg but please help!

AngelaLu

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Also, this black screen pops and and immediately disappears. Looks kind of like when you take a screen shot, is that spyware?? Should I just hard reset? :/

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you try clearing the cache in the play store app? You can also clear the data if you need to. It will rebuild itself when it syncs.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you try clearing the cache in the play store app? You can also clear the data if you need to. It will rebuild itself when it syncs.

That's a good idea--was going to my next suggestion, but patruns beat me to it!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's spyware. Sounds like it's just a system process that isn't working properly. Backup up your data and see if a hard reset fixes it

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes