How can I save stock rom of my ics before any installing custom JB rom?

vampelle

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
ok my mobile company is Qmobile. it is local brand here. my mobile model is Noir A10.
secp;
dual core 1ghz
512mb ram
1gb hdd. n so on.
with pre install ics 4.0.4 company rom. not upgradeable officially.

i have 8gb sd card.

now i need to know how can i save my preinstall 4.0.4 rom to sd card. so that once i try rooting n installing other custom rom available i can revert back to original if i dont like them or when i want to sell the phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If your ever considering selling the device as you mentioned you would need to use official factory images and firmware to reset and remove signs of rooting.

The backup you make in your custom recovery once rooted is good for reverting to a previous setup if you have a problem, crash or don't like the ROM you are running.

Sent from my awesome HTC One

vampelle

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
ok the stock rom was saved as " .backup "
now i dont know how to install it back. so i used other ics.
had issues with JB 4.1 n 4.2. battery drain is way faster, wifi signal is low, and 4.2 is slower rom. goin to change again tomorrow.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You need to let a ROM work for a day or 2 to get a real feel of battery drain. Most ROM will build a cache over the first several hours of run time draining the battery faster than normal.

vampelle

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
hmmm i will try it again, as i am using another custom rom and it is slow. had it for 12 hours now. also finally able to play injustice and it is lagging n slow alot.
also jb 4.1 which i tried, was almost same rom install by the company. unfortune that the company Qmobile are not interested to fix the same errors with there jelly beans. :(
that why i am going for custom roms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty