Calendar that can sync google calendar and Facebook calendar

projectmx

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I just moved from blackberry to android and I am having some issues with the calendar. My old calendar had individual pop ups for each event, the pop up allowed you to open/snooze/ or dismiss each item individually. Also my old calendar had no trouble syncing my gmail and facebook calendars. Android seems to have trouble doing this seemingly simple task. Is there an app or special calendar that can do this? I have searched the forum and tried several apps to no avail any help would be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings > Accounts > Google (your Gmail Account) and make sure the calendar and Facebook is set to sync. When calendar events pop-up events should be presented in the notification area with an option to snooze.

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there an app or special calendar that can do this? I have searched the forum and tried several apps to no avail any help would be appreciated.
Your best bet is to export your Facebook Calendars to your Google account/Calendar -- then you never have to worry about it again.

Do this on a computer:
Export Facebook calendars: https://www.facebook.com/help/152652248136178/
While you're in your Gmail calendar, you can also add "Other Calendars" -> "Interesting Calendars" and choose "US Holidays" -- very handy :cool:

Do this on your Android:
After that, open your Calendar app -> Menu -> Calendars to Display
Select the "Calendars to sync" button at the bottom and check the calendars you just created/added * (e.g., "Facebook Birthdays" and "Facebook Events" -- whatever you named them) if they're not checked already, and then make sure to check those two calendars when you go back to "Calendars to display" and you're done...

* If they don't show up, go to Settings and force a Calendar sync, then go back to the Calendar app and do as above -- I've seen it take a few minutes otherwise to sync new calendars... sometimes.

projectmx

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
So unlike blackberry which automatically keeps it synced every time a friend or a company I follow adds an event rather than it auto syncing I have to go through these steps again everytime?! what a pain. There is no other way to do this?

JoeMoyen

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if your nexus 7 will work the same as my Galaxy S4, but if it does, I think I just figured this out for myself....

Try this:

Settings --> Accounts --> "Synch apps with Facebook".
Click on your FB account name.
Select "Sync Calendar" so that the box is checked off, and also push "Sync Now".

It seems to sync my FB calendar onto my Phone calendar. Doesn't seem to show up on my calendar when I access it through chrome on my computer, but at least it's there on my phone.

You can also edit alerts by opening the calendar on your phone then hitting the menu button and selecting "Settings".

xer0w

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 Gen2 and it doesn't have the "Calendars to Display" option, the only way I got this working was by subscribing to my fb calendar in my outlook.com account (this adds it as a primary account calendar not other), then re-sync my outlook.com/exchange account on the Nexus from settings/Accounts/Exchange and select Sync Now from the top right Actionbar| options menu. After which my fb Calendar is just another one under my email address in the App.
Obvs; only of any use your using outlook.com, 365 or Exchange.

Paul90

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Well thanks for thinking with me here, i resetted the phone to factory defaults and Poof the options were there. So yeah..
No real sollution

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui