Undelete File Motorola XT890 RAZR I NEED HELP!!!!!

volkerc01

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I hope i posted this in the right area. I'm a little heartbroken, by accident I deleted a audiofile that meant a lot to me.
Trying to find out what I could do I read on the internet that I most likely have to get my bootloader unlocked and root the device before I can
use any software that could eventually bring back my file.
Is that true?
And If I unlock my bootlader motorola says I'm loosing all other files and programs that I currently have on the device.... :-(
Been using Motorola for decades only to find out now that the Razr I wasn't the best choice for computer novices like me when
accidentally deleting a file. :-(
Ist there another way to get the file back? Will unlocking the phone destroy all my other data?

Phone Info: 81.5.40002.XT890.Retail.en.EU
Android 4.0.4
Kernel 3.0.8-gf11b48c

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can try connecting the device to a computer and using a file recovery software that is available for a pc. Pull up the phones storage and scan it. It's not the best alternative, but one that won't erase the device as would happen with unlocking the bootloader or rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

volkerc01

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried a few programs but none recognize the phone. Under Windows 7 the system shows a folder for the internal memory and the sd card, but none of the file recovery programs seem to be able to scan the locations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown