Google+ pictures showing up in my contacts

pls2000

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I've seen threads talking about Google activating this feature and I've seen discussions about the privacy implications for the person who posted the picture that now shows in my contacts.

I haven't seen anything about the privacy implication for me as the recipient of the picture.

I do not have a Google+ account. I have sync turned off for contacts because I think that Google has proven themselves too untrustworthy to have that information.

The only way I can see that the pictures get into my contacts is that on each incoming call the phone app takes the phone number in the incoming caller ID and queries Google to see if a picture is available. In the process, this gives Google a complete list of everyone calling me, an unacceptable privacy violation as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone know if this is in fact how this feature works? Is there a way to disable it so that my incoming calls are not leaked to Google?

Thanks,
++PLS

aseke

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
In Your Contact Display setting set Phone memory. I think from the very beginning you choose google account to save your numbers. Check Google Setting. Google Plus Setting. And one thing All are not google's problem. All the application we download and use they took permission in the beginning of the installation. One thing you can do check security options of the samsung Set. Update the security policies and share security checking with samsung. Connect with wifi and give some days to see what happen. In application setting there you see some application store data. Clear them. Clear there cache memories. One another thing you can do. Reset your set. Don't restore from google backup. Clear your google backup from Laptop or pc. Thanks

Last edited:

aseke

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
In Your Contact Display setting set Phone memory. I think from the very beginning you choose google account to save your numbers. Check Google Setting. Google Plus Setting. And one thing All are not google's problem. All the application we download and use they took permission in the beginning of the installation. One thing you can do check security options of the samsung Set. Update the security policies and share security checking with samsung. Connect with wifi and give some days to see what happen. In application setting there you see some application store data. Clear them. Clear there cache memories. One another thing you can do. Reset your set. Don't restore from google backup. Clear your google backup from Laptop or pc. Thanks

pls2000

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a Droid Razr Maxx. I do not have any of the settings you mention. In particular, I do not have anything about Google+ under my GMail account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21