Note 2 charge issues, slow charge very fast drain

jacall84

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have had my Note 2 since last spring, I noticed in September that when using my original charge cord (plugged to wall) it would only charge when held in certain angles and very slow, I couldn't use while charging as it would drain it. I tried using my boyfriends nexus charger and that seemed to work. It was still slow but at least I didn't have to be constantly moved to certain angles (still discharged if used while on charger though)
If I plug my phone in at night (let's say at 14% battery life) by morning, over 8 hrs later, it's only at 60 % and then drains completely in 4-5 hours, while I'm at work and not even using it, if I'm using it it goes down 2% a minute.
This is getting so frustrating, I have no clue what's wrong. I've done a factory reset and nothing changed. If I use a universal docking station my phone actually charges very quick, at a normal speed. I'm not sure if it's the battery, usb port, or charger! Id appreciate any advice.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I have had my Note 2 since last spring, I noticed in September that when using my original charge cord (plugged to wall) it would only charge when held in certain angles and very slow, I couldn't use while charging as it would drain it. I tried using my boyfriends nexus charger and that seemed to work. It was still slow but at least I didn't have to be constantly moved to certain angles (still discharged if used while on charger though)
If I plug my phone in at night (let's say at 14% battery life) by morning, over 8 hrs later, it's only at 60 % and then drains completely in 4-5 hours, while I'm at work and not even using it, if I'm using it it goes down 2% a minute.
This is getting so frustrating, I have no clue what's wrong. I've done a factory reset and nothing changed. If I use a universal docking station my phone actually charges very quick, at a normal speed. I'm not sure if it's the battery, usb port, or charger! Id appreciate any advice.

Welcome to the forums.
It may be the charger. That would be the cheapest solution. Otherwise, I think you have issues with the charging port in the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34