Problem after rooting

MaxiPower

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Im new to this android rooting and all this jargon is going over my head. Ive modded ps3/psps and iphones before so thought this would be a piece of cake. lol It ain't, or at least i'm going around in circles.

So i used Odin to install root on my android (well at least i think it worked. said passed but then things stopped working. Its a samsung s3 mini, GT-i1890N and it passed but now alot of things are suddenly having issues such as applications such as touchwhiz keeps stopping, i tried the options/applicationmanager/clear cache option that i keep hearing online as a solution and it didn't work.

Can anyone help me further. :)

Thanks in advance guys

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Im new to this android rooting and all this jargon is going over my head. Ive modded ps3/psps and iphones before so thought this would be a piece of cake. lol It ain't, or at least i'm going around in circles.

So i used Odin to install root on my android (well at least i think it worked. said passed but then things stopped working. Its a samsung s3 mini, GT-i1890N and it passed but now alot of things are suddenly having issues such as applications such as touchwhiz keeps stopping, i tried the options/applicationmanager/clear cache option that i keep hearing online as a solution and it didn't work.

Can anyone help me further. :)

Thanks in advance guys

When you rooted via Odin you may have also installed a custom Recovery, such as clockworkmod or TWRP. Follow this guide to enter recovery and clear cache : http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...00292-guide-how-use-your-custom-recovery.html

That should fix your errors/force closes. If it doesn't then a factory reset will. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

MaxiPower

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I have sorted the problem. I went and did a factory restore through the recovery option and all problems gone. I read that solution online before but was unsure would that void the root access but thankfully it didn't it seems. Now to find out what this bad boy can do.

Thanks for your assistance. Muchly appreciated.