Update taking hours

David Van Melkebeke

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my name is David, I live in Belgium and today I bought my first smartphone: Motorola moto G8.
First thing I did is connected the phone to the charger and next I turned on the power.
Next I got a notice about an available Android update, which I accepted. Downloading the update went smooth (via WiFi). But then my phone asked to reboot to install updates. Now I'm seeing the same screen 'cycle' for three hours. I see the Android guy with some blue geometrical shapes in his belly. Under that guy there's a status bar and the text 'installing update'.
The status bar moves to a certain point, seems to freeze and then jumps towards the end. Next the screen goes black for a second and then the same cycle repeats itself.
Someone got any advice? (the battery says the user may not remove it)

David Van Melkebeke

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It is fixed (I hope). I disconnected the charger and hold the power button for a few secs. The phone restarted and the update went smooth. Don't know if the problems was the charger or the reboot fixed the problem. Anyway thx zedorda for the reply

mkmuneer242

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I am facing the same problem now... Its been now 2 hours. What should I do ..? If I follow your resolutions steps will it erase all my data's in it. I have too many contacts, photos and documents inside...

Basktkat

May 9, 2017
Visit site
My updates used to be so fast in my Motorola G5+ but now I can't even get one app to install in an hour much less a hand full in a few minutes. Help. I haven't even had the phone 5 months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol