Apps not seeing the SD card

petalmasher

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
This is kind of a follow up to a question I asked a few days ago: http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-4-4-kitkat/364984-using-sd-card-cm-11-a.html

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 on which I recently installed CM 11 imitation KitKat. The first time I tried to use an SD card with it, was as I was installing CM 11, and it worked for loading the ROM in Clockwork. When I go to ?Storage? under the settings, it shows that I have the 30GB free in my SD card. In the file manager when I open the ?actions? menu for an app or file there was no option to move to the SD card as I would have expected. I loaded app manager III from the play store and the ?move to SD? option was sadly missing from the menu where the tutorial video said it should have been. Then I download the Scandisk Memory Zone app from the play store, because the SD card I was using was a Scandisk card that said ?ideal for android phones and tablets? on the box, and similarly in the Scandisk app, there no option to move files to the SD card where the tutorial said it would be. I went to the store where I bought the SD card and exchanged it for a new one thinking that there may have been something wrong with it, but had the exact same problem.

So the device itself recognizes the SD card, but none of the apps seem to know it?s there and aren't giving me options to move things to it. Also, the Volume down + power button screenshot taker that worked when I was running jelly bean isn't working with CM 11 otherwise there would have been screenshots illustrating my issue.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem with Dropbox. I have to export to internal storage and then move the file with FX file manager. I had assumed it was a Dropbox issue but maybe not...

petalmasher

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem with Dropbox. I have to export to internal storage and then move the file with FX file manager. I had assumed it was a Dropbox issue but maybe not...
I haven't used FX file manager. I am imagining that If I have to use it to move things to and from the SD card, I might have to move files from the card to the internal storage every time I want to view them?

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know... FX file manager is just an app that lets me look at my files directly and move them around. I like to keep my photos on my SD card, and my camera kindly puts them there, but if I throw something like a PDF document into my Dropbox at home or at work and I want to export it on to my phone or tablet, I have to export to internal storage and then move it.

Amber Gonser

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem but instead of the apps being unable to recognize that the card its like my device doesn't recognize it. in the settings menu the option to mount an SD card is available but the option to unmount SD card is grayed out even though I have a 32 gigabyte memory chip installed. it's the strangest thing one minute I had a memory chip visible the next minute after flashing their cm 11 nightly ROM all of a sudden its gone. also the available storage on my device now reads as if I do not have the memory chip installed the original 8 gigabytes or I guess 4 gigabytes available are shown & the additional storage that would have been provided by the SD card is no longer visible