"no connection" Google Play Store - downloading new apk likely to fix?

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Getting "no connection" when I try to run Play Store app on my LG Optimus L9, rooted phone. I've tried everything I could find on various forums to fix this. Adjusted date/time, switched from manual date/time and back to auto from internet, deleted "hosts" file from the system/etc folder, emptied cache and wiped data from the app using titanium backup, and some other things I can't even remember now. I found a site where I could download a more current version of the Play Store app in an apk file and install it (AndroidPolice site). Is that likely to fix this "no connection" issue? I currently have android 4.1.2, and my Playstore app is 4.0.25. I've also wiped data and cleared cache and restored Google Play services. I haven't tried uninstalling either Play Services or Play Store because I'm afraid to do that. I did use Autorun Manager to make them not load on reboot, but that didn't change anything, so I set them back to automatically load. I also tried freezing them both and separately one at a time. Suggestions?

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, no replies, so I went ahead and installed the newer version of Play Store. Didn't fix my "no connection" issue. Next I think trying to install latest version, or compatible version, of google services framework might be my best bet. Does anyone know if this would be detrimental?

Is there a single APK file that will install this? What I've found is a zip file that contains multiple APK files and other files. I don't know how to install them all. What I know how to do is put an APK file on my phone and run it, but that's about it for skill level.

Thanks for advice. I've cleared the data and cache in the play services framework app, and everything shows up as 0, so I wonder if I've screwed it up by wiping the data and cache.