Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, successful root but no root access.

wiseman529

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I successfully rooted my S3 using the method explained on this page: How to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 - CNET
I ran root checker to see if it worked, however it told me that I had no 'proper' root access. I am currently running android version 4.3.
My friend suggested that I : install the same android version that I have but 'without touchwiz', the stock version of my current OS
I'm not completely sure of what I should do now, as you can tell I am new to all this.
I would appreciate any advice given.
Thanks.

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
First, go over to xda developers forum, they are the experts, they have guides, videos (anything by rootjunky, tomsgt is great) and should be the ONLY site to trust for genuine, professional info.

Research before rooting, read, reread, study, you need to know how to unbrick your device if it happens

Have fun, rooting is the ONLY way to go, but learn the droid system and a bit of linux. U can hurt a rooted phone if u don't have a clue

Tailz Up!! Sent from my rooted SM-T110 w tapatalk

wiseman529

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if my phone is uk or us, my brother bought it as a present for me. I do know that it came unlocked out of the box though. SuperSu and root checker does not recognise my root but clean master seemed to recognise it. What do you guys think about my friends suggestion?

Posted via Android Central App

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I think, unless your friend is a member of the xda developers group, you should head over there where they have several how to guides, custom roms and real experts to help you for free. I saw pages of roms for that phone. Be sure you have cwm recovery or twrp when rooting, if u dont know what that is, research it.

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Again, if rootchecker, an esp su says ur not rooted YOU'RE NOT, be careful with root apps, when you do manage 2 get root, they can hurt your os if u don't know what you're doing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674