Move from iOS to Android 4.4 - major text messages problems

fergalfrog

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have moved from iPhone to the HTC One (M8).
Most stuff is working well but my messages which I copied from iPhone are in a mess.

When some people sms me it seems to group them with other contacts presumably because on the iphone at one time they were in the same group. It is happened then that someone sends me a text and when I hit reply, that reply goes to a group that had nothing to do with the original message. The only way I can avoid this is if I notice it go to edit recipients and then remove the other contacts from the group (or send them a new message from scratch).

Now I am thinking I am going to have to delete all my messages and see if that fixes the issue. Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

Then there is the whole iMessages issue which you can only sort out by calling Apple in the US (I am in Ireland - call the Irish number and they will transfer) - however this is still not resolved and I am still not getting messages becuase they are still being sent as iMessages. I am just off the phone to apple who said they number is not registered with them and yet a test from my friends iPhone has not been received.

Thanks for reading,
Fergal

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't moved from iOS, but I heard it can take a while before your account drops off from Apple's servers.

Vulocity Prime

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the texting. I've emailed HTC to see if they have a solution.

I had the same issue with the texting. It seems that iPhones have iMessages as a default so if a friend has an iPhone and sent messages to you as iMessages, they need to go and turn SMS on instead of iMessages. It's kind of an issue with iPhone, not the Android, I think. Doing this on my wife's iPhone and turning off iMessages on my MacBook and my old iPhone seemed to have worked for me.

Now back to that group texting issue...

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
you have to have you m8's select "Send as SMS when iMessage isn't available" under "Messages" setting on their iOS devices.
Hi,

I have moved from iPhone to the HTC One (M8).
Most stuff is working well but my messages which I copied from iPhone are in a mess.

When some people sms me it seems to group them with other contacts presumably because on the iphone at one time they were in the same group. It is happened then that someone sends me a text and when I hit reply, that reply goes to a group that had nothing to do with the original message. The only way I can avoid this is if I notice it go to edit recipients and then remove the other contacts from the group (or send them a new message from scratch).

Now I am thinking I am going to have to delete all my messages and see if that fixes the issue. Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

Then there is the whole iMessages issue which you can only sort out by calling Apple in the US (I am in Ireland - call the Irish number and they will transfer) - however this is still not resolved and I am still not getting messages becuase they are still being sent as iMessages. I am just off the phone to apple who said they number is not registered with them and yet a test from my friends iPhone has not been received.

Thanks for reading,
Fergal

fergalfrog

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
you have to have you m8's select "Send as SMS when iMessage isn't available" under "Messages" setting on their iOS devices.

It is not practical for me to send a message to anyone whom I suspect owns an iPhone asking them to make sure it is sent as an SMS.

I had to delete all messages copied from iPhone. There were multiple issues. If someone sent me a reply and then a few minutes later sent another I would only see the latest reply.
I have 15,000+ messages but the import clearly is not working as it should.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Apple likes to make sure that any one who moves over to Android will come back soon....it's happened my times where I work.

Posted via Android Central App