USB no longer recognized on S4 after flashing custom ROM

kenpachi429

May 12, 2014
Visit site
So I just flashed a custom ROM for my first time to my Samsung S4(SPH-L720). Unfortunately I have everything working except my PC will not see my phone anymore. The phone says connected as a MTP device but I cannot see it in my computer to transfer files back and forth.

ROM- Google play edition for sph-l720

*Reinstalled drivers and kies to no avail.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
So I just flashed a custom ROM for my first time to my Samsung S4(SPH-L720). Unfortunately I have everything working except my PC will not see my phone anymore. The phone says connected as a MTP device but I cannot see it in my computer to transfer files back and forth.

ROM- Google play edition for sph-l720

*Reinstalled drivers and kies to no avail.

By default, CM has "USB Debugging" disabled, and it's apparently required to access the whole storage area through MTP

One thing to check is Device Manager on your PC. When it is in MTP mode, note how the device displays. Switch to PTP and see what happens in Device Manager. This will indicate whether or not the driver for PTP mode is properly installed or not. You may have to manually install or update your driver from Device Manager to get your PC to see the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech