Notifications....see but not hear

carnut965

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I need some clarity before I declare that Android Notifications s--k...
My definition/expectation of a 'notification' is a graphic/text message with the option to enable/disable a sound to alert me that the notification came in
per app.

I want to:
1- enable/disable graphic/text per app
2- enable/disable sound per app

For #1, it looks like I have to go Setting>App Manager>All>Uncheck 'show notifications'. But, apparently that will disable everything...ie, no graphic/text or sound. I've tried lock screen and notification apps without luck so far.......thanks to all

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Most apps will give you options for how their notifications are given. For example, for Gmail, you can go to its Settings, then tap the email account, then "Inbox sound & vibrate," and adjust it how you would like. On Facebook, open its Settings, then adjust how you want notifications in the "Notification Settings" category.

carnut965

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
On Iphone this is relatively straightforward (IMHO):
- Settings>Notifications Center>App X> Sounds on/off, Show in Notification Ctr on/off, show on lock/scree on/off

So I guess I have to spend hours now looking for a 'cool' app that will do the above... any suggestions welcome......thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Although there isn't a central place in Android to do the same thing as the iOS feature you reference, it's still not that difficult to do. Just go into each app's individual settings. Whenever I install an app, I usually explore its settings and adjust things like notifications and refresh intervals to my preference.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
You don't need a separate notifications app to control notifications. The difference with iOS is that Android apps each handle their own notifications, and there is not a unified notifications control panel. So to control the notifications issued by each app on your device, you go to the settings within that app and control its notifications there. For example, to control your e-mail notifications, you go to the settings within your e-mail app, and to control your Facebook notifications, you go to the settings within the Facebook app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol