Apple keynote??

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Any of you guys watching or watched it. What are your thoughts about Ios 8 and things that are uttler familiar on android.

Posted via Android Central App

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It's an Android forum so you'll hear a lot of "we've had that for a while now". I thought it was a great keynote, and downloading iOS 8 beta right now. I'm looking forward to some of the new features. One thing for sure, some of the new features really lock you into their ecosystem.

I especially like the ability to take and make calls on my iPad or Mac. Lots of cool features, and implemented very well as usual.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It was rather hard to watch it without thinking 'you are finally getting that?' But it is interesting to see what Apple is releasing in the future.
I did get the feeling that they could have done without the bashing a little.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea the android bashing was a little much. But the Mac and iPhone pairing was cool and the health part about sending a notification to your doctor. The widgets on the status bar was ok. So was the integration of the touch id into other apps. But the quick reply and the keyboard and the videos in the app store well. Let's just say we've seen them before. All in all it will be interesting to see how the upcoming months play out. People that left just because the screen size and the keyboard options might rethink their decision but time will tell.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It was rather hard to watch it without thinking 'you are finally getting that?' But it is interesting to see what Apple is releasing in the future.

They are feeling heat from Android side and especially Samsung.
(WWDC 13 opened with developer joke and a Samsung joke)

If Apple is bashing Android , its just a way of complementing it.

iOS Touch ID got hacked so easily/bypassed.........and so many attacks happend even in iOS.
(At one point of time , We can jailbreak from Safari browser because of an exploit)

That's just bs spread by Apple.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I was very very surprised to see Apple depart from their usual attitude of standing on their own merits and engage in attacks on the competition. I must admit it made me a little sad because it felt like the end of an era. I think it was a strategic blunder on their part and brings back memories of another low point in the company's history when Steve gave a keynote in the 90s kissing up to Bill Gates

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Continuity is certainly new that android kinda got.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie