*Kitkat 4.4.2 Has Corrupted Dalvik & Bionic Files

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I noticed a 4000 point score drop in AnTuTu when going from JB 4.2.2 to KK 4.4.2.. This had me concerned. Others have been reporting the same after upgrading to Kitkat 4.4.2.. This tweak (see link below) appears to restore the 4000 point loss in AnTuTu when running on KK 4.4.2+.. Coincidence?? Dalvik has java support which AnTuTu checks for and test on. If these files were altered or corrupted in any way in 4.4.2 then my theory is correct. This would also explain certain issues that others are having as well with KK 4.4.2.

Unfortunantley, this fix, like the 4.4.2 SD Card write Fix requires rooting. Unless a patch fix gets released.

[4.4] [Mod] Qualcomm Dalvik & Bionic KitKat Optimization... - xda-developers

*Proof;

I would like to further point out that the latest CyanogenMod Android 4.4 KitKat rom has these tweaked files as part of its build. CyanogenMod AnTuTu KK 4.4 scores are directly on par with JB 4.2.2. There is no loss in performance. I now believe certain Dalvik java type files are no longer supported in the stock 4.4.2 Kitkat OS that everyone is now downloading from their carrier. This is a major issue that needs to be addressed by the leading carriers.

*What is Dalvik;

Android A to Z: What is Dalvik | Android Central

*What is Bionic;

Speed Up Your Nexus Device with Qualcomm-Optimized KitKat Dalvik and Bionic Libraries - xda-developersxda-developers

*More Proof;

http://blog.gsmarena.com/lg-g2-jelly-bean-vs-kitkat-benchmark-battle/

Last edited:

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
What the heck is AnTuTu and why would I care if my point score in it dropped?

AnTuTu is a free test on google play store. I'm sure you have already found it. It's a test for various system CPU/GPU performance strengths of your phone. What this test shows, is that 4.4.2 Kitkat has removed or altered important Dalvik java files that prior android phones had in previous versions. I have provided important information here. This is why everyone should care. I have explained why the AnTuTu test score has gone down 4000 points. Kitkat 4.4.2 is the blame. This issue needs to be looked into. I hope I have explained this well enough. Kitkat 4.4.2 has many issues.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
AnTuTu is a free test on google play store. I'm sure you have already found it. It's a test for various system CPU/GPU performance strengths of your phone. What this test shows, is that 4.4.2 Kitkat has removed or altered important Dalvik java files that prior android phones had in previous versions. I have provided important information here. This is why everyone should care. I have explained why the AnTuTu test score has gone down 4000 points. Kitkat 4.4.2 is the blame. This issue needs to be looked into. I hope I have explained this well enough. Kitkat 4.4.2 has many issues.
I haven't noticed any performance drops. It sounds like a benchmarking issue to me.

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any performance drops. It sounds like a benchmarking issue to me.

Actually the AnTuTu app did everyone a favor.. It showed an item was altered / removed from Kitkat 4.2.2 upon upgrading to Kitkat 4.4.2. As this is also the reason certain internet browsers are now having issues with Kitkat 4.4.2. So yes its a benchmarking app. But this is clearly not a benchmarking issue. The app is showing we lost java support in Kitkat 4.4.2. I would think folks woukd care about that.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually the AnTuTu app did everyone a favor.. It showed an item was altered / removed from Kitkat 4.2.2 upon upgrading to Kitkat 4.4.2. As this is also the reason certain internet browsers are now having issues with Kitkat 4.4.2. So yes its a benchmarking app. But this is clearly not a benchmarking issue. The app is showing we lost java support in Kitkat 4.4.2. I would think folks woukd care about that.
I haven't had any problems with web browsing. Have you?

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with web browsing. Have you?

Hi, I had random "xxxxxxxxx has suddenly stopped" issues... Including the browser, system settings, and various apps.. They all had the same error.. In my case, KK 4.4.2 was automatically downloaded to my device from AT&T. . So I cannot speak for other carrier builds.. I ended up taken my phone back to the store.. After everyone looked at, and it was reset twice, in two different ways.. It was decided to exchange my phone out for one on JB 4.2.2. I'm hope I can keep it this way. I have wifi turned off and so far this seems to be doing the trick. My Phones is running great on JB 4.2.2. :)

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I've updated all my devices to 4.4.2 and bench scores actually improved .

I doubt on AnTuTu..

I am Getting 37134 on my 100% stock (non-rooted) Jelly Bean 4.2.2 AT&T LG G Flex.

I "Guarantee" there is not one single person here (With a stock LG G Flex running Kitkat 4.4.2) that can even come close to that. The Dalvik files in 4.4.2 have changed for the worse. An updated G Flex on 4.4.2 will now be around 28000 to 33000.

*Just take a look at this;

http://blog.gsmarena.com/lg-g2-jelly-bean-vs-kitkat-benchmark-battle/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

bigmac11

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
On my LG GPad I went from about 25000 average to 27000. So while it may affect some devices I must have gotten lucky :)

Edit
So I read the post on XDA and was curious on which devices this applies to. I would like to try it and see if it will help me but I don't want to reflash if it doesn't.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech