Anyone willing to help a noob flash Android L on my Nexus 5

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5, I have a windows computer, cable, and nexus 5, and I am looking to flash the recently released factory image. Any help would be great. Let me know if you want to do this via hangout or whatever. Thanks in advance

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it as my daily tablet driver and all my app work even the infamous with updates MX player works Android L is REALLY good for apps that aren't optimized yet for the new design ya I put a third party keyboard on and there's no dismiss all notifications buts its solid

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hope you aren't going to be using the nexus 5 as your daily driver with L preview. I wouldn't recommend it.

It is daily drivable so long as you know what you're getting into. There aren't random reboots or crashes and the core apps all work. Some apps do not work entirely (or at all). Netflix crashes if you try to Chromecast for example. You can't install HBO Go because the no device with L is on their approved device list. Despite this, the phone remains entirely usable and stable. A lot of these issue will start to go away in the coming weeks as developers update their apps (as the whole point of the dev preview is that they can update their apps prior to the mass release). I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but so long as you know ahead of time what to expect, it is perfectly stable.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if reading the instructions that are written on the same page as the images is too complex for you, i would say that running prerelease software is not what you should be doing.

Gary Holly

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I think you should take a look at skipsoft.com. great for dealing with flashing,unlocking and rooting.

Most of the work is done for you,just follow the steps it outlines for you.

TrinNY

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
The guide on Redmond Pie is pretty good it's the one I used I hadn't flashed since I rooted my old Nook eons ago so I needed a refresher

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
It is daily drivable so long as you know what you're getting into. There aren't random reboots or crashes and the core apps all work. Some apps do not work entirely (or at all). Netflix crashes if you try to Chromecast for example. You can't install HBO Go because the no device with L is on their approved device list. Despite this, the phone remains entirely usable and stable. A lot of these issue will start to go away in the coming weeks as developers update their apps (as the whole point of the dev preview is that they can update their apps prior to the mass release). I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but so long as you know ahead of time what to expect, it is perfectly stable.

I mean it's up to you if you want to or not. It's a developer preview for a reason, bugs are bound to be everywhere. There's a forum in the nexus 5 thread that have people messing around with L preview. It doesn't seem very good to me at the moment lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia