How does certain things look in Android L?

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
okay so I have been wondering how does android L handle music playback in the notification area & on the lock screen. since the lock screen no longer has widgets, how does it handle music playback controls with notifications on the lock screen at the same time ?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the lock screen right now basically works the same way as the notification shade. if you have music plus other notifications on the lock screen, you can choose to interact with any of them in the same way you would if you pulled down the notification shade.

the notifications now work a lot more like widgets since they are actionable straight from the lock screen.

the UI for the music will likely change in time as right now it's a step back from KK (no album art background)

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
the lock screen right now basically works the same way as the notification shade. if you have music plus other notifications on the lock screen, you can choose to interact with any of them in the same way you would if you pulled down the notification shade.

the notifications now work a lot more like widgets since they are actionable straight from the lock screen.

the UI for the music will likely change in time as right now it's a step back from KK (no album art background)
can you post a picture of what it looks like ? please thanks.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get full screen art, just a notification:

Posted via Android Central App on nexus L

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 27

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Rats. Maybe that one wasn't ready to go for the preview yet. I hope they're going to do something more involved with the music lock screen widget though. I love the way it works in KitKat, but I guess that will have to change.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Rats. Maybe that one wasn't ready to go for the preview yet. I hope they're going to do something more involved with the music lock screen widget though. I love the way it works in KitKat, but I guess that will have to change.

I'm hoping that comes back for music, netflix, youtube, all teh things!