New Google Search and BT Dialing Problem

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Prior to the latest update to Google Search 3.5.16.1262550 a couple weeks ago, I used to be able to do a long press on my BT headset to bring up Google Now, which let me say, "Call Joe Blow home" and it would make the call to his home number. Now it brings up Google Dial which tells me to say "Call someone" but pops up with a numbered list of the cell, home, and work numbers on the screen that I either have to touch to choose the one I want, or say, "Select Two" to dial his home number. This requires that I either touch or look at the screen to make a call, which totally defeats the purpose of "hands-free" calling.

I have switched back to S-Voice for now, which I hate because she talks too much before I can actually make a call, but at least I don't have to dig my phone out to push or see which phone I want to call. I hope someone can help us get back to BT dialing the way it used to be.

This is on a Sprint Galaxy Note 3 running KitKat, but I imagine this is affecting all phones. I posted this on XDA with no responses so I'm trying here as well.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You may want to try the Dragon Mobile Assistant app from Nuance. If you use a lockscreen one big advantage is the Dragon app overrides the locked screen & it works only for your voice. It does work with my Plantronics Voyager earpiece however if you have multiple phone #'s for the same contact you have to select which number you want dialed.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
You may want to try the Dragon Mobile Assistant app from Nuance. If you use a lockscreen one big advantage is the Dragon app overrides the locked screen & it works only for your voice. It does work with my Plantronics Voyager earpiece however if you have multiple phone #'s for the same contact you have to select which number you want dialed.

I downloaded Dragon Mobile Assistant and it does seem a little better. It seems that I can say, "Call Joe Blow home" but if he has a work phone and a work fax, I can't just say, "Call Joe Blow work". I'll play with it some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance