Storex eZee Tab 10Q11-M with Android 4.4 KitKat hanging router after connect

croky

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

First post here. Well, this is a weird situation I've never seen. A tablet hanging a router and then resetting its brand new replacement. First router was an old 4 years SMC. When I tried to connect to the router, it just stopped working. On the tablet side, it said connecting and then stores the connection but it doesn't connect and the router hangs right there. I needed to unplug the power cord to get it back. Then, after searching the net and reading some posts, I switched to a brand new TP-Link router. Tablet connects, everything looks fine but then the router self resets after 4 or 5 minutes of activity. Sometimes it takes longer but it keeps doing it all the time. Other mobile devices, like phones and an iPad have no problems connecting and staying alive. The router has problems only when I connect the tablet.

Has anyone else experienced this weirdness ? Any fixes at all ?

Thanks in advance !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's odd behavior. I wonder if it could be malware that targets routers, like this one: Chameleon WiFi Virus Spreads Like a Cold | Malwarebytes Unpacked

Did this happen immediately, when the tablet was brand new? Or did it start after a while of using the tablet? You might want to do a factory reset of the tablet, in case it's somehow propagating some malware. Before resetting, go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck Automatically Restore, to make sure any potentially malicious app doesn't automatically reinstall after the reset.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's possible that the tablet is not quite optimized for great wifi performance. Each manufacturer has their own way of doing things, and maybe in this case wifi isn't quite right.

I want to say that's the case because you aren't seeing this issue with any other device that you have.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC