ICE or emergency calls from locked screen

Skydaver

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been answered, but my search-fu might be weak today.

I'm nearly certain that in the recent past, you could designate a set of ICE (In Case of Emergency) contacts, and those contacts could be called as an emergency call, even if your screen was locked (like mine almost always is unless the phone is in my hand.)

I don't know when that feature disappeared. I'm somewhat sure it was available on my Motorola Droid Maxx from Verizon, when I got it back in April. I'm nearly certain that it was on my Motorola Razr Maxx.

I think, maybe, that the feature disappeared with the upgrade from 4.4 to 4.4.4.

I don't see an ICE group listed in my contacts. Clearly I could create one, but would it be recognized as an In Case of Emergency group, and thus available from the emergency call link on a locked screen.

What is your experience? Do you remember this feature? Do you still have it?

In addition to the obvious utility in an emergency, the feature is useful if a good person found your lost phone, and could use it to call one of your contacts.

Edited to add: If I can, I'm going to try to link to this post in the Droid Maxx forum. I think the issue may be 4.4.4, though, not just Droid Maxx.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been answered, but my search-fu might be weak today.

I'm nearly certain that in the recent past, you could designate a set of ICE (In Case of Emergency) contacts, and those contacts could be called as an emergency call, even if your screen was locked (like mine almost always is unless the phone is in my hand.)

I don't know when that feature disappeared. I'm somewhat sure it was available on my Motorola Droid Maxx from Verizon, when I got it back in April. I'm nearly certain that it was on my Motorola Razr Maxx.

I think, maybe, that the feature disappeared with the upgrade from 4.4 to 4.4.4.

I don't see an ICE group listed in my contacts. Clearly I could create one, but would it be recognized as an In Case of Emergency group, and thus available from the emergency call link on a locked screen.

What is your experience? Do you remember this feature? Do you still have it?

In addition to the obvious utility in an emergency, the feature is useful if a good person found your lost phone, and could use it to call one of your contacts.

Edited to add: If I can, I'm going to try to link to this post in the Droid Maxx forum. I think the issue may be 4.4.4, though, not just Droid Maxx.

Google/Gmail Contacts has an ICE category. I also use this ICE app on my lockscreen: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.appventive.ice&token=AI2JSb_g

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech