Can anyone help with battery problems I am having on my generic tablet?

oslash

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
battery problems on a generic tablet

i recently bought a chinese gaming tablet and it works great but the battery only lasts for 2 hours

my device has these specs
RK3028 chipset (cpu: 1GHz dual core + mali mp2 400 GPU)
512 RAM DDR3
2500 mAh lithium battery
5 inches led screen
frontal and back cameras
android 4.2.2 JB

the battery tab at the setting says that the battery is used 100% by the screen, the gsam battery monitor's appsucker only lists the apps that i use google services are there but it doesnt uses any battery, when i check the running apps it only shows the system UI and the keyboard, yet its using 400 MB RAM

looking on the installed apps i found 3 suspicious ones there are "armfreqtest" "stresstest" and a chinese named app
these 3 have permissons for everything, even the phone and GPS functions that it doesnt has since its a tablet, could these have something to do? is it safe to remove them with titanium backup?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: battery problems on a generic tablet

Welcome to Android Central! That's probably to be expected from that device, especially if you're using it to play games a lot. Screen is one of the main battery consumers, as well as games. A 2500 mAh battery for a 5" device isn't particularly big. As a comparison, the Nexus 5 has a 2300 mAh battery, and I can get about 3 hours of total screen-on time at best.

For battery saving tips, see here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

vannylugo

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Ps i have a octa core, 5" phone with a 2000mh battery and i get a almost 12 hours
59793da32df11762ff5303fe3f86a147.jpg

oslash

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! That's probably to be expected from that device, especially if you're using it to play games a lot. Screen is one of the main battery consumers, as well as games. A 2500 mAh battery for a 5" device isn't particularly big. As a comparison, the Nexus 5 has a 2300 mAh battery, and I can get about 3 hours of total screen-on time at best.

For battery saving tips, see here: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips

i dont think thats the problem here, even with wifi off with no running apps, just the launcher, the battery wont last more than 2:30 hours
playing games doesnt affects the battery duration for some reason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It could be a number of issues--you kind of take your chances with no-name devices direct from China. Maybe the battery isn't actually as big as it claims. Maybe there's a hardware or firmware flaw. It may end up being very difficult to determine, short of taking the thing apart, and maybe trying to replace the battery (if you can even find a proper replacement).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Battery saving apps are usually not the way to go. Most often, they are placebos as opposed to actually helping overall battery life.

As for the OP, I am wondering if cell signal is culprit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech