Can You Turn Off the Pop-up Text Notifications???

Rinsanga24

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 179014

Me too please help me to disable this notifications from my mobile screen.
i cant show my note 4 to any other due to privacy matter..:)

Hello bro, i am also a note 4 user, i had this problem also and i find the solution to this.
1. Go to phone serttings
2. then go to sound and notification
3. You will find 'app notification' there.
4. Once in the app notification you will see your apps. Go to whatsapp
5. Turn off 'previews in pop up' or any other notification you desired.

Hope this helps. Peace✌

Last edited by a moderator:

EricPaul905

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Here's how to solve it! Android overrides in-app settings. This is why you can't change this feature by going directly into the program and editing "notifications". You have to go into your phone's "Settings". Then click on "Apps" to access your app data/information. Find Whatsapp or any other app/program that's creating any popups appearing over other apps. Deactivate "Allow Peeking". This is what will show notifications above other programs/apps and is the ONLY way to remove them!

soulskin

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
I am also struggling with this issue, and I cannot find a solution in al the forums I've visited onl;ine. Have you found a way to disable this @#$%?& popup!

ekoh

Philippe Bousquet

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Go to General SETTINGS (Android), then NOTIFICATIONS, then click on ADVANCED and find the Whatsapp APP. Look into the options and TURN OFF the PREVIEWS IN POP-UPS. That should work fine.

Don't expect anything from the Whatsapp Settings menu in the Notifications option. You may select "No popup" but it doesn't work.

xCoffee Queenx

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I have the galaxy S7 and I found away to stop the anoying pop-ups on it, go to settings > applications > application manager > messanger/ WhatsApp/ hangouts etc > notifacations > turn off previews in pop-ups. Done no more annoying pop-ups ☺

itzjko

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to turn off notifications completely. I just don't want the pop-up that appears at the top of my screen. I still want the phone to go off when I get a text.

Posted via Android Central App on The Nexus 5

Use this tutorial I used it work!
https://youtu.be/GP-u6EfQ9lU

Marlene N

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Exactly my problem. I don't want a pop up banner EVER from any app. I would like a sound notification from a few apps. It doesn't appear you can separate these two types anymore. A giant step backward for Android!

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Guys there's a "hi" text keeps popping up in my samsung s3, it keeps popping up every 3 minutes and disturbing me while I watch vids and play games.it crashes my games and pausing the vid with that text.how to remove it?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
This is a very different problem from the one covered in this thread.
Your best bet is to start a new thread so that your question is not lost in the crowd.

alemming

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

You need to remove the apps permission to draw on top of other apps.

***Note: For Samsung devices running Android 6, this setting has been moved to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > More > Draw over other apps

****On newer Samsung devices, such as the Galaxy S7, the "Draw over other apps" has been renamed to "Apps that can appear on top".

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

You need to remove the apps permission to draw on top of other apps.

***Note: For Samsung devices running Android 6, this setting has been moved to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > More > Draw over other apps

****On newer Samsung devices, such as the Galaxy S7, the "Draw over other apps" has been renamed to "Apps that can appear on top".

Not able to find it in S7 edge
still get pop ups
Was option to hide preview in Note 7
Wonder if we can hide it in S8

Joseph Hizon

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
I just figured out how to disable the text notification from the top of my screen on my lgx power with Sprint.

Settings
Apps
Allow peeking - OFF

I no longer receive the pop up message on the top of phone when I get a text just the notification sound. It worked for me I hope it works for you.

Veehee123

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Go to: settings>notifications, select the app, then move the "Show Silently" switch from grey (default) to blue. That fixed the problem on my phone, a Note 8 running Android 7.1.1