Black Screen with Lollipop Update

Unischwarz

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

i have a big problem with my nexus 5 phone. I started the Lollipop update this morning, everything looked fine so i took my phone to work while it was installing (after downloading the update) I turned it on at work and now the main screen stays black :( After a reboot I see my homescreen for about 2 seconds and then everything turns black. I see the home button etc. at the bottom and the notification bar at the top which tells me to install an update for Lollipop. I have no WIFI at work and can't even unlock my simcard. I have wiped the cache partition but no change :( Any ideas?

Thanks a lot :'(

nxszz12

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe its a brick,the condition where the installed program crashing and uncomplete on your devices,try to recovery mode or bring it to LG services centre

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey Flynt

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any apps like Light Flow installed? After I uninstalled Light Flow the same issue you may have been having went away on my Nexus 5. But now I am experiencing it again with Netflix and Chromecast which seems to not work as well on Lollipop as it did on KitkKat. It keeps losing the Chromecast. But when I shut off Netflix it sometimes has this black screen sleep of death type thing. But it is only when I use Netflix so far - but it is unusable until they fix it.

So, try removing Light Flow. I rid myself of a major headache this way.