NONE choice is missing

Rawad Semaan1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
hello guys,
today i installed the ACDisplay app but i can't find the none choice to disable android's lockscreen. i got only 4 choices
. Swipe
. Pattern
. PIN
. Password.

Any help please

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
??

Swipe is no login security. It's the same as previous if recall correctly - haven't you always had to at least swipe your finger to enter an unprotected phone?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I don't understand but under security I have five options:
None
Swipe
Pattern
Pin
Password

If you select "none" there is no lock screen. When you start up you go straight to the home screen.

blak8830

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems like "none" gets removed or disabled if you ever use "guest", or have added any users. If you remove the guest session, you can get "none" back.
To remove a guest session, switch to the guest user, pull down notifications/settings, and touch the guest icon. You should have a choice to remove guest. That will remove the session/user info from memory, but does NOT delete the guest user capability. Hope that's clear.

Last edited:

hjmillre

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I set a PIN yesterday on my Nexus 7 just to play with the various smart lock features. Now I can't disable the lockscreen. The "None" and "Swipe" options are visible, but grayed out and are not able to be selected. Beneath them it reads: "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage." I have tried the suggestion to remove the guest account, and that does not work. Although I remove the account - it persists.

lawdawg1942

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same thing and as mentioned below i went into the guest profile, im not sure if thats what caused it but i suppose it would make sense. I also had a exchange server email and it prohibited me from using Swipe, i had to use a patten or PIN. After removing exchange i was able to use Swipe again. Try toasting the guest account as stated below. I just did a bloody factory reset and still banging my head.....

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Seems like "none" gets removed or disabled if you ever use "guest", or have added any users. If you remove the guest session, you can get "none" back.
To remove a guest session, switch to the guest user, pull down notifications/settings, and touch the guest icon. You should have a choice to remove guest. That will remove the session/user info from memory, but does NOT delete the guest user capability. Hope that's clear.
The above fix worked for me, too...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...g-secure-lockscreen-lollipop.html#post4070340

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12