Why can't I send or receive pictures through text after lollipop 5.0 update? "No APN specified on th

ElsaR

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Why can't I send or receive pictures through text after lollipop 5.0 update? "No APN specified on th

I was able to send and receive pictures perfectly fine on my nexus 5 before the lollipop 5.0 update. Now I receive a notification saying "No APN specified on the device". What does this mean and how do I fix it?

David Fish

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why can't I send or receive pictures through text after lollipop 5.0 update? "No APN specified o

when you updated to 5.0 your apn was erased and not reinstalled. some phones can give you the apn with a *## number put into the dial keypad. if you google your carrier (at&t, boost, Verizon) phone model and apn? you should be able to find out the apn number and how to put it in. every phone has a different one. so if you try to google "nexus 5 verizon apn?" it will tell you the how, were, why. without more info i cannot tell you more

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why can't I send or receive pictures through text after lollipop 5.0 update? "No APN specified o

You can also put it in manually in your Settings.

ElsaR

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I have sprint. I called sprint and they walked me through a reset with a *#*# number and unfortunately it did not work. after the 5.0 update, there is no APN menu.This update has been very frustrating

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

after the 5.0 update, there is no APN menu.
There should be; my N4 has it. Under the Wireless & networks category, More -> Cellular networks -> Access Point Names

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22