How can I easily change the interruptions level?

Bob10110110001

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
toggle "do not disturb" while listening to music in lollipop

In 4.X I'd just hold the power button and could switch to silent or vibrate. Now that menu has been removed (absurd IMO), how can I quickly and easily change the interruptions level?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: toggle "do not disturb" while listening to music in lollipop

Welcome to Android Central! Tap the Vol Down button, then tap "None" right under the volume slider onscreen.

Bob10110110001

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

If music is playing, the "none" option doesn't appear (which is why I'm asking), though thanks for the suggestion.
All that appears is the volume slider for the music.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I see what you mean.

I would expect that it is just a matter of time before some of the widgets developers come up with something that will allow for easy toggling between None/Priority/All mode.

Bob10110110001

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, that's a step in the right direction, though a widget means I need to go to the main screen (whatever you call it) even if there was a way of doing it from the notification area, similar to airplane mode, that would be great.
I never need auto rotate or screen cast; if only I could replace those with a toggle between priority, none, and all. This feels similar to the "upgrade" from Gnome 2 to Gnome 3; prettier, but with significant loss of functionality.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Bob10110110001 said:
...if there was a way of doing it from the notification area, similar to airplane mode, that would be great.
I never need auto rotate or screen cast; if only I could replace those with a toggle between priority, none, and all....

I haven't seen any sign off this in real life yet, but I suppose there might be hope for you: http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/11/...k-settings-android-5-0-lollipop/#.VHx7AEnnZnF

Posted via the Android Central App