4.4.4 Problems on a Droid Ultra - battery, email, and active display

segapuppy

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I finally gave in an allowed the 4.4.4 update to install. I have a Motorola Droid Ultra.
Since then:
-My battery would drain in a couple hours, instead of 1-2 days. I looked online and found the issue was the stock email client. I do not use the stock e-mail client, I use maildroid, but I noticed it was higher than my screen on the battery use page so I stopped it. (THIS IS A TEMPORARY FIX THE ISSUE IS NOT REPAIRED.) Seriously, that is the #1 use for this device.
-Still, my battery is going faster than usual.
-I notice that if I tap/touch/move my phone (the trigger for Active Display) at 22:00 (10 pm), instead of displaying "22:00" it is "12:00", inducing a momentary panic. This has happened thrice now, although I thought I imagined the first and the second had be concerned, the third brought me to this site.

How can I go back to having an e-mail client that works (because it is not working if my phone dies every three hours)?

Is there a way to not allow the phone to check for future updates? I only allowed this update because I was tired of the install page but I now recognize that smashing the phone with a hammer would have been more useful.

PS The option to ask a question without an account is broken, and the new-account captcha breaks under flashblock so that only the sound version is usable, and boy are those hard to get right.

segapuppy

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I also noticed that the active screen time problem seems to exist at every hour, and that the background wallpaper no longer allows one to preview and adjust for all home screens, and the option to have a different image for the lock screen is gone.

I did the cache clear, and turned email back on. The wallpaper is having the same problems. So far the mail appears to not be draining the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007