Nexus 5 doesn't have option for Android 5.0 Lollipop?

melias24

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i just got my new Nexus 5, but it doesn't have an option for Android 5.0 lollipop. What is this issue here? It's also an Australian Nexus, if that makes a difference, that i ordered from Hong Kong.
Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no "option" for any particular Android version. Go to Settings/General/About device. Press Software update. If there's an update available for your particular handset (they're sent out in batches to avoid clogging up the internet), you'll get the update. (You can't check more than once every 24 hours - if you try, you'll be told to try again later.)

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
...(they're sent out in batches to avoid clogging up the internet)...

Ha, ha. Yet Apple can send out its iOS (or OSX) en masse without bringing the worldwide net to it's knees? No, far more likely is that Google hasn't got the server capacity and/or they prefer to spread the pain of a screwed up 'upgrade' around, hearing about the problems in smaller (more PR bite-sized) batches, rather than hearing from everyone of a problem - as Apple does.
So instead, we've got some Nexus users running 4.4.4., some running 5, some patched since to 5.0.1, others to 5.0.2. Is this any way to run and release an OS?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Ha, ha. Yet Apple can send out its iOS (or OSX) en masse without bringing the worldwide net to it's knees? No, far more likely is that Google hasn't got the server capacity and/or they prefer to spread the pain of a screwed up 'upgrade' around, hearing about the problems in smaller (more PR bite-sized) batches, rather than hearing from everyone of a problem - as Apple does.
So instead, we've got some Nexus users running 4.4.4., some running 5, some patched since to 5.0.1, others to 5.0.2. Is this any way to run and release an OS?

is a staggered release where they catch most problems before 99 percent of the users get the update worth it? Is that your question?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante