Write Protected - Not sure if it's a virus. 4.4

j deal

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I've attempted many programs to get this sd card saved. I've tried many many program. I did the diskpart / the LOCal_machine crap....

I'm just frustrated it won't let me change it. It's all after I installed the stupid 4.4 kitkat. Please help!:':)':)'(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Only the app that created the folder on the card can write to it (or another app that belongs to the same group as the app that created it).

In Lollipop, developers will be able to write apps that can create folders that other apps can write to, and apps that can request write access to folders that other apps created. But they didn't think we'd react so badly to making the SD card part of the normal Linux filesystem when they wrote KitKat. (It's a bit of a pain to those of us who understand how to manipulate Linux - to those who don't, it's probably like trying to tear a brick wall down by slamming your face into it.)

j deal

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
So no recourse and I cannot save my SD card? It's a custom rom too. This is so annoy the customer rom I install is Echoe_S4

j deal

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Only the app that created the folder on the card can write to it (or another app that belongs to the same group as the app that created it).

In Lollipop, developers will be able to write apps that can create folders that other apps can write to, and apps that can request write access to folders that other apps created. But they didn't think we'd react so badly to making the SD card part of the normal Linux filesystem when they wrote KitKat. (It's a bit of a pain to those of us who understand how to manipulate Linux - to those who don't, it's probably like trying to tear a brick wall down by slamming your face into it.)

Any solutions???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz