Unable to sync Google Contacts ("Sync Contacts" option disappeared)

dreparn

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello.
I have recently been having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 running a rooted 4.3.
The "Sync Contacts" checkbox on my Google account has completely disappeared (as seen on Screenshot 1 below). I may have accidentally uninstalled Google Contacts Sync using CleanMaster, but I'm not quite sure of it. I have searched this forum and other boards, without finding an issue that is similar to mine (in that the checkbox has disappeared completely).
(Screenshot 1)

In Contacts > Settings > Accounts > Add account, I don't even have the option of adding my Google account (Screenshot 2).

I have tried backing up my contacts and then wiping them, followed by a restore. I also tried removing my Google account altogether and adding it again, as well as adding a different Google account, but the checkbox was and still is gone.

Now, I would like to get that option to sync contacts with my Google account and the checkbox back. I've been looking at installing Contacts Sync as a separate Gapp, but the APK is just giving me errors, and I believe you need to run a custom ROM/recovery to install Gapps from a zip file in recovery; I have not been able to find any info on successfully installing specific Gapps from APKs.

Also, I just need the Sync Contacts Gapp and not the other Google apps - they are all working properly, as well as all of the other Sync options (syncing Gmail, Drive, Calendar, etc.).

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-01-22-52-53-redacted.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-01-22-52-53-redacted.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2015-01-01-22-52-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-01-22-52-19.png
    79 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads