Slow performance on Android 5.0 lollipop

Narinder Rishiraj

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I'm not sure if anyone is experiencing this...

A few weeks ago I upgraded from 4.4.2 kit kat Android 5.0 lollipop. At first, it was very fast, responsive when opening apps, no lag time etc.. and for the past few days, its seems to be very slow. I didn't have any performance issues on kitkat.

It doesn't feel like the same. I do like the way the new notifications appear in Lollipop, but I can live without them as long the user experience is fast.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What device do you have and have you tried booting into recovery and performing a cache wipe?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No cache wipe will not erase or remove any data, apps or settings. Its basically clearing out frequently used information that in a perfect world allows the device to process things faster. But over time it gets loaded up and can cause performance drops. Its not a " cure all " over the long haul but can restore the device back to a much better working state.

I usually perform a cache wipe at least once a month to keep my devices running smooth.

jeffRCarlson61

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes same for me now everything is 2-3 times slower and the battery life went down about 30% or more. Sucks ran into this searching for how to go back to kitKat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae