I bricked my Razr xt912 after installing SS 3.75, could I have killed off old reliable?

mroman1960

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Bricked razr xt912 after installing ss 3.75

After bricking my phone while trying to install cm12 using ss 3.73, I used the droid razr utility xt912 to try and get my phone back. I was able to get jb 4.1.2 back, and even downloaded the latest ota. I couldn't get root or safestrap to work via the utility so I accessed root via Kingo Root. At this point, I went to download safestrap when I noticed there was a new version 3.75, so I downloaded the apk and installed the recovery. And here is where the problem started... On initial reboot, following the motoroal logo, the new splash screen appears for approximately 10 seconds then the screen goes black, rather than booting into 4.1.2. I tried to reboot the system and touching the menu icon to enter SS gives me an oversized boot options and backup screen, but i am unable to see an entire screen to make selections. I tried to reboot again, this time touching the search icon to enter normal power up and I just get a black screen. Please don't tell me that I've finally killed off old reliable. All help is greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bricked razr xt912 after installing ss 3.75

SafeStrap 3.72 is for 4.3. SafeStrap 3.75 is for 4.4.2 with a kernel date earlier than June 3, 2014. (You'll get a "device not supported" if the kernel is newer than that.)

Make sure you're using the right version of SafeStrap for the version of Android. (Your symptoms sound exactly like 3.75 on 4.3. Don't get upset - I've installed the wrong version a few times, until I finally copied the 3.72 backup to my computer and deleted it from the SD card entirely. After beating your head against a wall for an hour, you make stupid mistakes. We all do. It's human. AS long as I have a System backup and a Data backup (it's faster to keep doing a data backup every week or so, than to do a full backup every week or so - once you have a system you like, it's not going to change for a while), a brick is an annoyance, not a calamity. (If you use the right version of SS. If you don't forget to install Busybox before you install SS [did that once, but that was all it took to never do it again].)

mroman1960

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your support Rukbat! Any idea how to actually bring my phone back t.75o stock at this point? As stated earlier, when I first unbricked the phone using Razr Utility, it cleared out my old SS 3.73. But now when I try to run the utitlity, it fails, (i.e., 3.75 remains and screen goes dark).

mopundit1

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
XT912 Restarting

Hi there, am a newbie. This is my first Droid 'XT912'. It keeps restarting when it's about to boot into homescreen.

talktozee

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I did the same thing, and have the same issue (oversized SS interface, in which I can't do anything). How specifically did you fix your problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles