Samsung Galaxy S5: Just upgraded to 5.0 - 4G LTE icon crossed out?

msmigiel

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

My Samsung Galax S5 phone (on Verizon) just got an update to Android 5.0 Lollipop. I did the upgrade and things seem OK for the most part but one new I thing I am noticing is that sometimes, the icon in the top right for signal strength has 4G LTE but it is dimmed and crossed out. I toggled Airplane mode and now it's back in 4G. I haven't seen this icon ever before the update. Where I live has very poor signal strength and my phone frequently drops from 4G to 3G and then back up again at times but this icon is new to me.

What does it mean?

keleko17

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same thing happen. I also have poor signal quality. My only guess is that they changed the setup. Where before it would say 4G then 3G, or I have even had 1x before. My guess is now it is 4G when on 4G, crossed out means 3G, when it isn't visible would be less than that.

Voxxxxxxxxxx

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Super late to the game here. Hopefully everything is back to normal, but just in case anyone looks this up now.
Make sure your Mobile data is enabled. When I turn mine off, the 4G gets crossed out, but when it's back on, it lights back up.

guitardis

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same thing happen. I also have poor signal quality. My only guess is that they changed the setup. Where before it would say 4G then 3G, or I have even had 1x before. My guess is now it is 4G when on 4G, crossed out means 3G, when it isn't visible would be less than that.

I had the same issue; still do if I go back to global mode (settings/more networks/mobile networks/preferred network mode. Setting that to LTE/CDMA, my phone (so far, anyway) seems to hold the 4G better, though the signal strength still isn't wonderful, but that's down to Lollipop. FWIW, Verizon tells me Google is working on a fix for that and there will be an update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke