Ack! Where did my cards go?

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Running a Note 4. Just upgraded on Sprint to Lollipop.

I used to have the Google Cards from the main display menu that would pop up showing sports scores, ebay deals, shipments, and recommend news stories. It even displayed upcoming flight information and hotel confirmation codes. All of this, I assume, came from my gmail.

It seems to be gone now. Is there a way to bring it back? I loved it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
These should be there in the Google app (or if you tap and hold the Home Button). If you had it in your homescreen, I'm not sure why it disappeared with the update, but you can add that back by tapping and holding onto an empty space in your homescreen, selecting Widgets, and selecting the Google one.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
These should be there in the Google app (or if you tap and hold the Home Button). If you had it in your homescreen, I'm not sure why it disappeared with the update, but you can add that back by tapping and holding onto an empty space in your homescreen, selecting Widgets, and selecting the Google one.

I see it is a widget - I never had it as a Widget, it would simply pop up, sort of obtrusively, whenever I scrolled down from the top on my home screen. No matter, though, since the holding of the home button does bring it back up. This actually may be a better scenario, as it's there when I want it...not when it wants itself to show up.

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ummm... weird, I've never seen it do that on its own. It does place a notification in your notification bar which you can expand or, if you tap on it, takes you to that main Google page. But yeah, you can always use the home button shortcut.

DachsieMom

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like Google Now. I have that, and I love it.

You may have to dig around in your phone a bit to find it, and maybe "train it" again. Did it ask you questions like "would you like to continue getting info about whatever? Also, you could swipe the cards away when you were done with them. If so, it's Google Now, and it's tied in with the voice command "OK Google " and it appears right below the search box (after you open it) on my phone. Of course, I haven't upgraded, so yours is different.

If you can't find it, just download it from the play store. Then open it from the install page in the play store, and start training it if needed.

I hope that was what you needed, and that this this rant helped a bit. :)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance