extremely dissapointed with android

alxmr

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
So, ive have been searching for a new phone for me to buy. I used to have an iPhone 5 but a lot of people told me to buy an Android phone because ios sucked, it had por battery, it is a locked system, etc.
So i decided to buy a moto maxx (the latin american version of the droid turbo). And im really disppointed with it after updating to Android 5.0 because of those things:
Battery life: my battery used to last 2 days but after updating to Android 5.0, it lasts for less than a day, just like my old iPhone.
Lag: My Android used to lag when i was using kitkat. When lollipop was released for my phone, i decided to update it to see if it helped me. It actually got worser than before, despite having a snapdragon 805 ,2.7ghz and 3gb of ram specs. Sometimes my screen freezes and i have to hard reset my phone!
Bugs: my google play music app keeps bugging me. When i try to play a music, it doesnt play! I have to clean its data occasionaly for it to work properly.
Sometimes when i try to switch my phone from silent mode to normal mode again, it doesnt work! No matter how many times i try to increase volume, it keeps stuck on zero volume.
My moto active display stopped working.
And i cant disable autocorrect, and this annoys me a lot.
Ive searched on google about those problems, but all they said was to factory reset my phone.I tried to do that twice but my Android is still having the same problem. Does someone knows how to fix that please? Im started to think that i just have never switched my phone os...

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So, ive have been searching for a new phone for me to buy. I used to have an iPhone 5 but a lot of people told me to buy an Android phone because ios sucked, it had por battery, it is a locked system, etc.
So i decided to buy a moto droid turbo. And im really disppointed with it after updating to Android 5.0 because of those things:
Battery life: my battery used to last 2 days but after updating to Android 5.0, it lasts for less than a day, just like my old iPhone.
Lag: My Android used to lag when i was using kitkat. When lollipop was released for my phone, i decided to update it to see if it helped me. It actually got worser than before, despite having a snapdragon 805 ,2.7ghz and 3gb of ram specs. Sometimes my screen freezes and i have to hard reset my phone!
Bugs: my google play music app keeps bugging me. When i try to play a music, it doesnt play! I have to clean its data occasionaly for it to work properly.
Sometimes when i try to switch my phone from silent mode to normal mode again, it doesnt work! No matter how many times i try to increase volume, it keeps stuck on zero volume.
My moto active display stopped working.
And i cant disable autocorrect, and this annoys me a lot.
Ive searched on google about those problems, but all they said was to factory reset my phone.I tried to do that twice but my Android is still having the same problem. Does someone knows how to fix that please? Im started to think that i just have never switched my phone os...

Most cases doing a factory reset fixed the issues people where having. How long after you reset your phone did you do another reset? Could also be a defective phone maybe?

alxmr

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
yeah, im still having the same issues. i'll try to see if i can get a new phone from motorola, but i dont think its a faulty model problem because most of these problems happened only after i updated

saradha devi

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
You are not alone. It's lollipop which is the culprit. Not the phone. We have been forced to upgrade to what really is not even a beta version. I doubt this thing is really an os developed to be used by common people...

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
yeah, im still having the same issues. i'll try to see if i can get a new phone from motorola, but i dont think its a faulty model problem because most of these problems happened only after i updated

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Lollipop seems to be reeking havoc on a lot of phones.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Did you update to Lollipop by your own free will or were forced by Google via automatic upgrade? I feel there should be a toggle for disabling automatic update. Forcing an update on a user is wrong. And also people should research first instead of just pressing install. Of course Google is still the primary culprit as they shouldn't be releasing broken updates anyway. Updates that don't even work on their own Nexus phones. Wonder if they even tested it before releasing.

alxmr

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I updated it by my own will. I thought just doing a factory reset like all android sites told would fix the lollipop problems, but i was wrong...
And alao, my phone started to have another bug that is getting on my nerves: i have to put my phone on airplane mode every 30 seconds because it stops working. I mean, i cant even watch a 2 minutes video without having to enter airplane mode 2 times only to make my 3g data work again. I really hope 5.1 doesnt take too long to release or im going to sell this device. This phone is driving me crazy.

pgi cruiser

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Did you update to Lollipop by your own free will or were forced by Google via automatic upgrade? I feel there should be a toggle for disabling automatic update. Forcing an update on a user is wrong. And also people should research first instead of just pressing install. Of course Google is still the primary culprit as they shouldn't be releasing broken updates anyway. Updates that don't even work on their own Nexus phones. Wonder if they even tested it before releasing.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Seems like lollipop is a hit or miss depending on your phone. On my Note 4, I am having 0 issues, battery life is the same, everything works. I did a factory reset as well as soon as I upgraded though.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My upgrade was a disaster! After use update, my Note 4 would repeatedly reboot. Couldn't do ANYTHING with it. Had no choice but to factory reset it. I HATE doing that! Lesson learned...back everything up before taking any updates! I didn't think there'd be a problem with a routine software update...but I was wrong! But now that I reset it, no problems. Liking the Lollipop though.

Posted via the Android Central App

flicker0x7

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I had to manually flash 4.4 to my tablet after trying out 5.0. Waiting for a more polished Lollipop (with better performance on older hardware) but I'm not sure if that's even planned.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Lollipop does indeed seem to be hit or miss but it also depends on what is installed and running on your phone. Try this, if you have Facebook or Twitter installed, uninstall them for a day or two and see if your phone acts any differently, any better. Often a poor app can affect the whole phone.

🍷from the n.3 Monolith🍶

alxmr

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I found a way to downgrade to kitkat again. i had to lose all my files again, but it was worth it. my phone is 100% fine now! no lags and battery life is normal!
lesson learned: I'll never upgrade my android phone again!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I found a way to downgrade to kitkat again. i had to lose all my files again, but it was worth it. my phone is 100% fine now! no lags and battery life is normal!
lesson learned: I'll never upgrade my android phone again!
Before downgrading, did you clear cache then factory reset to see if those issues were cleared? Usually one or the other will fix the problems often seen after a major OS update.

For those considering a downgrade, consider clearing cache then factory reset before downgrading. Aside from the feature and visual changes, security patches are often implemented and those are very important to have.

alxmr

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
so, i just turn on my phone after plugging him into the charger and he automatically starts updateing, despite rooting it and blocking the motoOTA service. God damn it! my phone sucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63